About Cheerio

My photo
In general I am a cheery and energetic person. But I am enshrouded in a cloak of iron. That cloak is the weight of greiving my son, whom I've lost to adoption.

Friday, June 25, 2010

Rich and Poor,both in the same heart

No 'agenda' behind this thread.... it's just that, well, I miss him. Today while at work, I was thinking about him and glanced at my bookmark. It is a card my husband gave me last year on our 13th wedding anniversary.

"Rich is not how much you have, It's who you have beside you."

Rich - "who you have beside you." I AM RICH with the treasure of the man who is beside me. Rich Indeed! But it begs to ask, if Rich is who you have beside you, then what is it when someone who should be beside you, but isn't there? My guess? That would be Poor. My life is Rich with my wonderful husband beside me, yet at the same time, without my son, life is poor - it is definately underpriviledged and deprived what it could be (for all of us - him, his father, for me). . . . sigh . . . I just miss him. I want to look into his eyes. I want to hear his voice (for the first time). I want to give him a big warm hug. I hope for warm hug in return. I want to watch him walk across a room, to just see him in motion. my heart aches the tears well up in my eyes and threaten to spill over just thinking about him ohhh... how I miss him ...
Rich
&
Poor

7 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel Sweet Pea, and oh how wish with all my heart that neither of us did.

    Denise
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you do you're his mother and I wish he was there with you.Good wishes......

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I know exactly how you feel Sweet Pea, and oh how wish with all my heart that neither of us did."

    Can't say it any better than Denise did...

    hugs ~ Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((((Hugs Cheerio)))) Praying one day soon, you will be together again.

    Lots of Love,
    Myst xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me cry.

    You've never seen your son? No contact with him at all? Is this a traditional closed adoption? How long ago did this happen? If you're comfortable sharing with me, I would really like to hear your story.

    See, I'm pregnant, and I'm giving my baby up for adoption. I want to learn everything I can about this process and about the experience, from every side of the coin. That's how I ended up on Blogspot. I don't have a clue what I'm doing and I'm terrified I could be making a huge mistake. Or that maybe I would be making a bigger mistake if I didn't go through with this. I don't know what to do.

    -Lia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lia,

    Have you visited this site?

    http://www.connections-usa.org/

    There is a forum as well where you could ask questions and get answers from other who have been through this.

    Cheers,
    Myst

    ReplyDelete
  7. (((Cheerio)

    To Lia, not Juno- "open adoptions" are a lie. They are not legally enforceable in the US or Canada. The promise of an open adoption is a ploy agencies and baby brokers use to get women to surrender their children. Most "open adoptions" close in the first year, and there is NOTHING a first parent can do.

    Don't surrender your child. Most women never recover. As an adoptee, I would sell my soul to have women keep their children. Unless you are planning on abusing your baby, there is NO reason to surrender. Period. There are resources available to you.

    ReplyDelete